- Thesis-based Masters program in a related area, or its academic equivalent, from a recognized institution.
- Grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 out of 4.0 in the last two years (approximately 60 credits) of post-secondary study.
- Please review the links below for more information about prior coursework that is required and/or recommended for the following specializations:
Review the following links to assess your eligibility:
English Language Requirements
Step 2 – Applying Online & Submitting Documents
Once you have verified your eligibility, please APPLY FOR ADMISSION. In order to successfully submit your application for admission, you will be required to upload your supporting documents (as listed below) to the online application portal. Please visit the link provided above for more information. Please note that it is NOT necessary to identify a potential supervisor prior to applying for admission to graduate programs in the Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- English languages scores (if applicable)
- GRE scores (PhD applicants only)
- Transcripts/ Marksheets in original language & English translations
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement Form (also available on the application portal)
- Names & contact information of THREE references
Note: A non-refundable application fee of $100 CAD will be assessed when you apply.
Application Deadline for Fall Term:
Soft Deadline: February 15th (apply by this date to be considered for funding)
Hard Deadline: May 1st
Step 3 – Await the Official Admission Decision
Once we have received all of the required documents, your application is considered complete and the application will move forward to the review process. Applicants will be contacted by email once an official decision has been made.
Successful applicants will receive an official letter of acceptance from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR), which will be sent by email to your University of Alberta email address. If departmental funding is being offered, a letter outlining the details of the offer will be sent by the department to your University of Alberta email address.
IMPORTANT: Official documents (transcripts, degree certificates, etc.) may be required upon receiving the conditional offer of admission letter. Documents must be sent directly from the post-secondary institution to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research office. Detailed instructions will be outlined in your offer letter.